Friday, April 5, 2013


I have a confession...

I am a planner. 
I like to plan things out. 
Plan out my day. 
Plan out my week.
 And…begrudgingly I will admit…I like to tentatively plan out my next few years or have an idea of what a couple years will look like from now.
..... 
I vividly remember sitting in my dorm room sophomore year of college, talking with friends and wondering where I would live Senior year and who I would be living with. And now here I am again…thinking, thinking, thinking about the future and what it will look like. When will we have kids? Where will we be living? Brian always tells me I need to just chilllllll with all the planning :) Most of the time…thinking about the future is more exciting and fun than anything! 
.....
But there are times I start to feel so anxious and can work myself into a frenzy. That’s when I slap myself (not literally) and remember that I need to trust in God. It is pretty crazy how after I am reminded of that, I always feel a sense of calmness and my heart beats a tad slower.  It always seems easier to trust in God when things are going well and seem to be on the right track (or what we deem as the right track). I try to remind myself to trust always…even when things aren’t bright and cheery! I hope everyone has a fantastic Friday and an even better Saturday and Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment