Wednesday, June 5, 2013


Twinkie Cupcakes

Like I have said before, I am not some extravagant chef...though sometimes I like to believe I am.
I typically think of something I want to make and turn to my best friend to ask him for a recipe. 
His name is Google.
My searches usually include "the best (fill in the blank)" or "the easiest (fill in the blank)"
.....
When I think of something that's a little unusual (basically anything other than chocolate chip cookies or some other cookie type) I tend to lean towards recipes that aren't too complex. That's because when I want to make say...Twinkie cupcakes, I don't want to waste time having to go to the store to get a million extra ingredients that I will probably only use once.
.....
I don't know why I feel the need to get instant gratification. 
I tend to be like that with not only cooking but other house projects or ideas for Lindsay P Designs. 
I am still working on enjoying the process and not being discouraged 
when things don't happen instantaneously like I always hope for.
.....
Back to the twinkies.
Maybe it's the fact that authentic hostess twinkies no longer exist (you always want what you can't have) but yesterday I felt like having one.
I tend to think that making your own of anything is "healthier" so it worked out that I couldn't go buy one.
.....
Contradicting what I said earlier...Brian had to go to the store anyways so I had him pick up the 2 extra items I needed...yellow cake mix and marshmallow cream..
And as we watched the new Die Hard movie..I whipped them up!
They turned out better than expected..
Fluffy and moist and gooey inside..
I found this recipe to use but left out the hot salt water and didn't bother with the frosting...it was sweet enough with the filling. 
{Stay tuned for more "In the kitchen with..me!" posts.}
I hope you all are having a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment