Monday, July 29, 2013


Sisters and Babies
Yesterday I was blessed with my first niece...Lila Kate. 
Born Sunday at 5:30am, she is a beautiful baby just like her momma.
I am dying to meet her and wish I could just blink 
and be up in Washington holding her.
.....
Sisterhood... It's a pretty cool thing.
My two older sisters and I are like this -->both fingers crossed
We talk on the phone not just once but multiple times a day.
About big things, small things, because we are bored, 
because we need advice or affirmation about a decision or maybe because 
we can't figure out what to order at Starbucks.
.....
So when big things happen.. Say... Having a child!...
it's hard not being all together.
At 2:30 am after getting the text from my mom saying she's pretty sure it's baby time.. of course I was wide awake. 
It's not like I was going to go back to sleep and say "okay call me when she's here."
.....
 I was talking to my oldest sister on her quick break at work...
(she's awesome and works night shifts as the best nurse for kiddos) 
and we were saying how it's like a part of us is having a baby! 
(Except for the small fact that neither of us have to go through much physical pain.)
.....
While I waited for the next 3 hours I watched full house, played candy crush, and texted/called my mom every two seconds trying to get 'play by plays' and updates. Until my sister finally called me to tell me Lila had made her debut!
I am so excited to meet this sweet girl in 2 short weeks 
when I head up for the Seattle Gift Show! 
.....
Hope you all have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment