Monday, June 30, 2014

Lavender
I hope you all had a great weekend.
It's a four day week for most which makes this Monday a little easier to go into!
.....
We had the chance to do some wine (water for me) tasting and 
see a lot of lavender this weekend.
I can't get enough of lavender.
So when I heard the Sonoma Lavender Festival was this weekend...
just right down the road...
I thought it would be fun to go.
.....
Of course I didn't account for the fact that it would be over 90 degrees 
with limited shady areas!!!
I managed to snap a few photos in-between searching for 
water and trying to stay cool.
.....
Do you remember when I talked about Matanzas Creek Winery?
They have fields of lavender, but when I went with my parents in March, 
the lavender wasn't in bloom.
Well, we decided to carry on the lavender theme and headed to that winery yesterday.
Beautiful rows of lavender all with buzzing bees!
Such a beautiful sight...and smell!
Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. WOW, Lindsay, so gorgeous!!! I was so sad I didn't get to go to this! My out-of-town brother was in town this weekend, so we had to go to my mom's. I will HAVE to go to the lavender festival next year though! Hopefully it won't be sooooo hot though! Glad you had fun. Love the pictures!! :)

    ReplyDelete