Friday, March 1, 2013


chasing dogs
...
People always say that dogs will prepare you for children…I sure hope I am never having to leap on my child in a swamp after chasing them 2 hours and coaxing them with turkey.
...
My sweet puppy Brandi….how I love her so much…
Last night was a different story…
and I have to admit that at one point we almost threw up our hands and said, “Fine…if she doesn’t want to come home, she doesn’t want to come home.”

We’ve always had a slight problem with her coming to us when we say, “come!”  We don’t live in a fenced area but we were finally to a point where we thought she had somewhat learned…(though I notice I always say that or think that and then this type of incident happens again)
...
Last night, as we had Brandi outside, we were talking about how great she has been with obeying us and actually coming back when we say so.  Apparently we spoke too soon. DART!! Off she goes through the creek into our neighbor’s property. Now this has happened before and usually I just hold my breath, say some prayers, throw a Frisbee in the opposite direction and yell “treat!!” enough times for her to come running…. We weren’t too lucky this time.
...
Two hours, a lost leash, a lost jar of treats, a bag of turkey and a couple of “nice to meet you”  “sorry our dog came in to your house” “no she isn’t always this bad” “could you try grabbing her because she isn’t letting me” conversations later...and she was finally cornered by us—Brian on one side of the creek and me on the other. Brandi stood in the middle of the creek (yes, she just went to the groomers today) as she frantically looked back and forth at us trying to figure out which one of us she would be able to outrun quicker. Finally, I was able to scoot down toward the creek, grab her collar, and hold her by the collar as we walked all the way back home.
...
She is in trouble now and is grounded.
...

Happy Friday all!


No comments:

Post a Comment