Thursday, May 30, 2013

We went camping for the first time this last weekend! 
I was finally able to find a place not too far from us that had an opening for memorial Day Weekend so we jumped on the chance!
.....
After spending Friday and most of Saturday packing our essentials on grocery shopping, we headed to the camp spot...only to arrive and find out that other campers had taken over our spot and they were nowhere to be found. Apparently the owners couldn't do anything else.
.....
Of course I was totally disappointed and bummed. 
We were finally going to be doing something fun and different and it wasn't going to work out after all.
.....
On our way home I made a last and final attempt to call a park near by to see if there were any cancellations...and to our surprise we were in luck!
.....
The area was absolutely beautiful and it was only 15 minutes from home!
{yes, those are deer}
.....
But lets be honest..the best part of camping is the camp food...or at least that's true for Brian and I
.....
Over the next few days I will be adding more Vintage Inspired cards to the website
Keep checking back in!
Here is a sneak peek at one. Have a lovely rest of the week!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lindsay! I would love to know where this campground was, or where the "good" camp sites near Santa Rosa are! I am not sure if David or I are "camping people," but I have been thinking about MAYBE giving it a try one of these days. :) So happy you got into a site! I hate when good things get disappointing like that!!! Glad it worked out. :) Your apron is still the most beautiful one I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon! The campground is the Sugar Loaf State Park...it was so wonderful and it is so close to civilization :) You guys should definitely check it out...it would be the perfect place for a first time camping experience. Hope the move is going well and I am so glad you are enjoying the apron :)

    ReplyDelete