Friday, May 31, 2013

Weekend Recipes
I wanted to leave you all with a couple good recipes for the weekend.
The first one...
Summer Squash Rainbow Pizza
The tastiest pizza I have had in a while from the amazing Yummy Mummy Kitchen cookbook.
So many recipes out of this cookbook are already becoming staples in our home and I love it. {So you should totally buy the cookbook}
.....
I love this pizza because it doesn't have any sauce and there isn't a ton of cheese on it but it is still so flavorful. I am a huge cheese person...I am always the one who gets handed the cheesiest slice and even I am not complaining about the lack of cheese. Trust me- it's delicious with just a sprinkle.
Just olive oil and garlic and the cheese sprinkle on the bottom. Then all the veggies. Then a drizzle of olive oil over the top.
If you buy pre-made dough, I highly recommend the Pillsbury thin crust pizza. 
When I don't have time to make my own dough, I would normally buy Pillsbury thick crust pizza but the past 2 times we have had this pizza we've used thin and it is so much better! {In my opinion anyways}
.....
Blueberry Smoothie
I love this as a post workout, afternoon snack, or even breakfast smoothie and it is so simple. I found it in a running magazine a while back. I never stick to exact measurements...just pour and scoop until my heart is content.
.....
In the smoothie goes...
1/2 or whole banana (depending on how much you like bananas)
frozen blueberries
greek yogurt
flax seed
honey
water
ice
.....
Thats it! I am always used to using juice or milk as a liquid base in smoothies but water works just as well!
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment