Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The first bloom

When Brian and I went to get vegetables for our garden a couple months ago,
we also picked up a Gardenia plant.
Gardenia has always been one of my favorite scents
After talking to relatives and friends 
not many of them had ever tried growing Gardenia and if they did it didn't turn out too well
apparently it needs sun in the morning more so than the intense sun in the afternoon
we found that out after it had been planted but luckily it was still in a pretty good place
I was so thrilled to walk downstairs the other day and see this!
And oh my it smells delightful
Of course that bloom is slowly turning brown around the edges...
{trying to google that to see if that is normal}
But not to worry because not one but two more blooms have popped!
Who knew I could be so excited about a flower
I guess I felt like we accomplished something by them actually blooming!
.....
In other exciting news....
Some of my cards have found a new home...
 at Willow Papery in the beautiful town of Ketchum, Idaho.
Are you familiar? 
It looks like such a beautiful town!
If you are ever in the area check out Willow Papery!
.....
I hope you all are having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment