Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Taking the Time to Volunteer
Good Morning!
I have been thinking a lot about volunteering lately...
It's easy to become stagnant in our everyday routines
To be consumed with our own wants and desires and let that be the focus.
.....
I think about the times when I have volunteered...
thats actually where Brian and I first met
in Ensenada, Mexico building a church with others from our college during spring break.
{did I mention we didn't get to shower for a whole week}
.....
 I think about how fulfilled I felt after that week...
with so many emotions from exhaustion to pure joy.
Then volunteering at Camp Korey...
You walked away wanting to talk about your experience for weeks.
those experiences are life changing
and because of that,
I don't know why I don't do it more often.
.....
I love to be able to donate through Lindsay P Designs
but there is something so much more fulfilling to give yourself 
and your time to helping others and volunteering.
....
Take the time to look for volunteer opportunities--
whether it's for an hour or for a week.
I don't think we are ever to busy to help others.
.....

The San Francisco Gift Show is quickly approaching 
and it is almost always on my mind!
If you are a buyer--be sure to stop by my booth.
Invites have been sent out!
.....
Don't forget to "like" Lindsay P Designs on Facebook
and follow me @lindsaypdesigns on Instagram!
I hope you all have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment