Friday, January 24, 2014

Gardens
I'm not a huge fan of clutter
but if something has to be...
I would like it to be cluttered with flowers.
....
When I think about Summers growing up
the first thing that comes to mind is my sisters and I playing in the yard 
while my mom and dad would be working in the yard...
mowing the lawn, watering flowers, planting new flowers
I remember being "bored" and coming outside to say, "Mom,  I'm bored..."
I would often end up helping plant new flowers and I came to love it!
.....
 I do think it's possible to work with the space you have...
I love these ideas for smaller spaces...
even if you are just using your porch as your garden...
I have always loved the idea of a secret garden...
Did you all ever watch the movie Bed of Roses?
Christian Slater takes the gal up to the roof top of his apartment and it's this extravagant secret garden absolutely covered in flowers.
I love this garden below for the bench that awaits in the middle of the garden
even though it's not a hidden garden it still has that appeal...so pretty!
I have been reading through the Guide to Natural Housekeeping 
by Christina Strutt of Cabbage and Roses.
She talks a lot about having a self-sustaining garden--- the importance of it and all of the "how-to's"
I would love to someday have a vegetable garden all year round...not just in the spring or summer
I am such a novice when it comes to the do's and don't's of veggie gardens.
So I am excited to learn more and some day have a flourishing garden with flowers and vegetables...
Some inspiration for the eyes
 I really wouldn't mind the house in the background either :) 
 Love the Adirondack chairs in the middle...
....
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment