Monday, January 27, 2014

Birthday Celebration
Saturday we celebrated Brian's birthday!
I am so lucky and blessed to have this one in my life.
Can't wait to see what this next year of life brings him:)
.....
Well after a relaxing day and a surprise visit from his sister and her boyfriend,
we made a delicious fancy dinner...
(what better excuse to make a fancy dinner than a birthday)
Starting out with Classic Old Fashioned cocktails from the Small Gatherings Cookbook
.....
Then on to Steak au Poivre with Cognac Pan Sauce from Bread and Wine 
(the sauce was AMAZING...I am anxious to try it out with chicken)
We had it with mashed potatoes and roasted brocollini
and finished it off with Key lime pie using this recipe
I was pleasantly surprised with how everything turned out!
.....
I hope you all have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment