Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Simple Joys
I was going through all of my photos recently
 And I noticed a common photo that kept coming up...
A picture looking out over our deck.
Mostly of sunsets or sunrises...
Each one so different, beautiful, simple and angelic.
Each time I see a new one, I always seem to have the same reaction...
"Whoa!! That's crazy that God makes something that beautiful right in front of us"
{Don't ask why I would be surprised every time!}
They never seem to get old!
.....
The other day I was filling up Brandi's water dish on the counter.
Then this caught my eye and I was sidetracked and went to find my camera...
of course I forgot about the water dish and I came back to find pools of water all over the counter and on the floor...whoops!
I'd say it was worth it...
..... 
I think we all go through phases where we compare ourselves to others
With the world of social media we get to see what others are doing all the time...
which is great in some aspects! But it also amplifies the comparing
Is my house pretty enough?
Is my business successful enough?
How's my style and clothes?
How do I stack up to others?
.....
The other day while taking Brandi for a walk...
I looked around...
The road I walk down 2-3-4 times a day..
It's peaceful and quiet. 
I realized that over the last 3 years it has been a kind of oasis for me. 
It's been my time to think, to pray, to cry, to de-stress, 
to take a break, talk on the phone, or plan out my day.
I realized that what is important to me...are the simple things
This little road, the sunsets, Brian, my family, friends, and Brandi
These are the things that make me happy and content....
.....
Enjoy the simple things this week... and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment