Friday, February 28, 2014

Redefining Your Role
Meeting others for the first time and sharing my work,
a lot of questions always arise.
Oh, so you're an artist? 
You're a photographer?
When I have heard these questions, I almost feel like laughing and saying, "hah yeah right!"
When I think of artists I think of paint pallets and big canvases
spending hours, days, months, perfecting one piece.
someone who has studied art and is complex and philosophical.
.....
And photographers are people who have most likely gone to school for photography and could photograph great pictures in all types of lighting and all different conditions.
.....
 I think the biggest issue of accepting a new role is fear
fear of taking on a new challenge
and if you are going to call yourself something
you better have proof to back it up.
Once you call yourself something the critics come out and opinions begin to form
whether you say you're an artist, photographer, mother, teacher, wife...the list goes on.
.....
But I don't think that should stop anyone from switching roles or taking on a new role
 because that is part of life. 
Our roles naturally change, and interests do as well. 
I was reading through an e-book on marketing your products and the gal had a 
great quote that has stuck with me.
"Believe in yourself, believe in your work, and keep going."
It's so simple yet so true. 
And I think if you believe in what you're doing and more importantly yourself,
 then by all means take the step to redefine your role.
.....
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment