Wednesday, January 28, 2015


Nighttime
As a new mom, one of the most common things I am asked is...
How have you been sleeping?
How has the baby been sleeping?
or if I'm just exhausted.
It was the piece of advice I heard most while pregnant too... 
"Enjoy sleeping and get as much sleep as you can now before baby comes!"
.....

I'll be honest...the first couple nights at home were rough. 
All three of us were learning which meant pulling a couple solid "all nighters".
I found myself slightly dreading nighttime at first...
Unsure what it would look like, how many times I would be getting up, or counting the minutes or hours I would actually be able to sleep.
..... 
But I have changed my mindset and have
 quickly learned to enjoy these sweet, quiet moments. 
When the only thing I need to be doing is be with little Sam. 
It's in those wee hours of the night where I have time to 
reflect and think without a single distraction.
..... 
I know these moments won't last forever and I will soon miss them.
It's all part of the job which I feel blessed to have.
.....
I hope everyone is having a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment