Friday, December 6, 2013


Come Celebrate Today!
A year ago today the Lindsay P Designs website was live!
I nervously told my family and friends,
 wondering if this was going to even last or work out.
I'm blessed to be able to do what I love
There have been days where I am doubtful and days where I feel like giving up
But I believe that's all a part of the beautiful journey of success.
I continue to tweak things and evolve to what you, my wonderful readers and customers, are looking for.
I am excited for what this next year is going to bring! 
I thought I would share how Lindsay P Designs aprons all began....
.....
After buying some pretty fabric and being a very beginner seamstress,
I decided to make my mom an apron for Mother's Day. 
I had a specific style in my mind and googled for the style I was looking for. 
I figured I could easily find a simple tutorial.
 But, I couldn't find a darn thing... shocking, I know.
.....
I was envisioning something pleated at the top with a band.. Simple.. 
So one night after work I decided, what the heck,  I'll try to come up with it on my own.
 I ended up making 4 of them.
 One for my mom, sisters and myself.
For a couple days straight I would get up really early before work 
because I was so excited to work on them.
.....
I started thinking about pretty pictures I could take... 
To bring a rustic and vintage element to them.
I made some more... then carried out a chair and some books and 
my camera to set on top (pre-tripod days).
 {the first apron from Mother's Day}
.....
I signed up and attended a wholesale fabric show
 but what I had in mind wasn't there.
At the time I was getting into the vintage French look
to me it says simple, beautiful, timeless.
It's not gushing with color and crazy patterns
and that's what I love about it.
.....
I decided to start pairing linen with the beautiful, vintage, fabric from France.
And went with it!
.....
Then I changed the style from horizontal French fabric to the one pocket style
And introduced the full aprons.

So to celebrate...
Don't forget to do a little holiday shopping today and save 20%!
Thank you for your support and sticking with me on this fun journey!
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment